At the moment, the latest version of AMD catalyst for both Desktop and Notebooks is 12.1 [Released: 25 JAN 2012] which is available for download via direct links provided at the end of the post.
The version includes many improvements and fixes which optimizes performance. Following are the improvements and change-log.
IMPROVEMENTS OF AMD CATALYST 12.1 :-
AMD HD3D technology support enhancement
- Enables support for AMD HD3D technology in conjunction with AMD CrossFireX configurations
- Delivers a new Stereo 3D mode over HDMI 1.4a connections - 1080p at 30Hz is now enabled on supported displaysAMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Application Profiles
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver enables users to create per application profiles to individually control 3D and CrossFireX settings for Direct3D applications
- Please be sure to select the “Restore Factory Defaults” option under the Catalyst™ Control Center Preferences menu before using the new application profiles feature – this ensures there are no compatibility issues between previous drivers and the new AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver with regards to application profilesAMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Video UI improvements
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver includes user interface enhancements to simply adjustment of video color and video quality controls
- The in-game mouse cursor no longer randomly disappears while playing Alien vs Predator.
- Enemy Territory – Quake Ware will no longer experience intermittent crashes when in a 3 monitor Eyefinity™ configuration.
- Water texture is now rendered correctly in Enemy Territory – Quake Wars
- Dirt 2 does not exhibit stuttering when run in DirectX® 9 mode.
- Playing Crysis 2 with in Crossfire mode no longer experiences random graphics corruption or game instability.
- Random corruption and screen flicker is no longer observed while playing Dragon Age 2 with Tri-Crossfire enabled.
- Lost Planet 2 no longer crashes after game launch when run in Crossfire mode.
- Lost Planet 2 and Tom Clancy HAWX2 no longer experience random game hangs/black screens when run at high in game settings.
- Water textures in World of Warcraft running in DirectX® 9 mode no longer appear corrupted.
- The game “Rage” no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.
DOWNLOAD LINKS :-
DOWNLOAD Latest AMD RADEON CATALYST 12.1 (32-64 Bit) For DESKTOP [LINK]
DOWNLOAD Latest AMD RADEON CATALYST 12.1 (32-64 Bit) For NOTBOOK [LINK]
Join us on Facebook if you liked our post :).